Corncakes with Blueberry Sauce
1 cup frozen blueberries (unsweetened)
½ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups low-fat milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
1. Place frozen blueberries and applesauce in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Stir sauce and microwave on high for 1 minute more. Set aside.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium sized bowl. Set aside.
4. In large mixing bowl, beat egg with whisk until foamy. Stir in milk, vegetable oil and cereal. Let stand 2 minutes.
5. Add flour mixture, stirring till moistened.
6. Place 1/4 cup of batter onto greased griddle. Turn corncakes over once, cooking until golden brown on both sides.
7. Serve two pancakes, topped with blueberry sauce.